Last updated: 8 December 2022
Your privacy is important to us. Our guiding principle is to only collect the minimum required to provide our products and services. This policy details what personal data we do collect, how we store it, and how we use it. We’ll never sell your data — never have, never will.
This policy applies to all products built and maintained by Crafted Syntax Limited.
What we collect, and why
- Your name, which is used in correspondence and for account (product) personalisation.
- Your contact details, e.g., email address, which is used for providing our services; user authentication (i.e., account logins); account-related communication (e.g., billing emails or password resets); providing support; newsletters and other promotional material with prior consent.
- Your payment details, e.g., billing address, which is used for taking payment and calculating where/when VAT is applicable. Your credit card details never hit our servers. Stripe — our payments processor — handles that. We have access to the last four digits for invoicing and billing support.
- Your IP address, which is used for mitigating abuse, spam and bots.
You provide this data to us directly when creating an account, starting a paid subscription, joining a newsletter, or contacting us.
We collect and process the above data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil our contractual obligations, i.e., delivering our services/products.
- To fulfil our legal obligations, e.g., keeping accurate financial records.
- With prior consent, e.g., joining a newsletter.
- We have a legitimate interest, e.g., protecting our services.
How we store your personal data, and for how long
We store your personal data securely, using both encryption in transit (e.g., HTTPS) and encryption at rest (encrypted disks). We also have technical and organisational measures in place to restrict access and prevent accidental deletion or misuse.
We store your personal data until we are instructed to delete it, unless there is a contractual or legal obligation that we must fulfil. When instructed to delete personal data, it may reside in backups for a short period following deletion.
What we share
We use the following third-parties (sub-processors) to help us run our applications, deliver services, and provide billing and support:
|Aiven||Cloud services provider||Finland|
|Amazon Web Services||Cloud services provider||US|
|Fly.io||Cloud services provider||US|
|Help Scout||Help desk software||US|
|Postmark||Transactional email provider||US|
|Stripe||Payments and subscription management||US|
We also share data where required by law.
Sharing data outside the UK/EU
Your data is sometimes shared outside the UK/EU, e.g., a service provider we use might have servers located in the US. We make sure that when this happens, that we meet our legal obligations.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing. You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You can exercise many of these rights by logging into your account. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
We sometimes make changes to this policy over time as regulations and our processing activities change. Whenever we make a significant change, we’ll inform our users through available channels.